As we enter yet another local lockdown, being able to have some time to yourself to relax and rejuvenate yourself is more important than ever. In this months blog we review five tips for 10 minutes of Zen at home.
As a member here at Hands on Health, we offer our clients access to daily Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi classes online via our Zoom classes.
- Start with just 10 minutes a day – set your alarm, plan it into your daily routine, whatever you need to do just for that 10 minutes. Have a set routine you want to do (I suggest some sun salutations) and go for it. You might even find that you can go longer than 10 minutes once you have started.
- Switch off – turn off the TV, the phone, and move away from the tablet you can spare 10 minutes not connected to the world. Who knows it might even do you some good
- Create a yoga space – Find that quiet place where you can dedicate that 10 minutes to yourself away from distractions. Make the space your own with a little candle or light and just be there in that zen moment.
- Accept it might not be perfect – 10 minutes might not seem alot of time to yourself with kids, partners and family vying for your attention but if you can snatch 10 minutes a day in your quiet place then you are one step closer to achieving your zen.
- Finally, don’t forget to breath – yoga is not just about asana (physical practise) it also involves pranayama (breath work) mediation and relaxation. SO if you cant manage the asanas today perhaps 10 minutes of mindful breathing will be even more rewarding?
S0 what’s stopping you?
Content adapted from a blog post originally published by Helen Fenton on YogaHub